These wire crowns are easy to make with minimal materials and some nimble fingers. Make them for parties or dress up corners. You can even make them using only wire and no tape for a smaller crown. Twisting this flexible wire is so fun and satisfying that you’ll find many reasons to keep making things.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR WIRE AND WASHI TAPE CROWNS:
~ Craft wire (18 gauge)
HOW TO MAKE WIRE AND WASHI TAPE CROWNS:
(I MADE A VIDEO ON MY IGTV IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A LOOK.)
Or just follow the instructions below.
1. Choose your color story from your washi tape collection.
2. Twist some wire around your head to get the right size. Then twist another piece of wire around the circle so you have a double strand. Cut the wire and twist to finish.
3. Pick a tape color for your base and wrap the tape around the wire.
4. Create wire arches, scaled up from small to big and then back down again.
5. Carefully wrap tape around each arch. This will take some fine motor skills and finger dexterity. You can make the patterns match, or not. Make sure to tape the back, too, so there are no sticky parts.
6. Take chai tea breaks and make more (because you have lots of color combo ideas to try)!
These would be so cute for a birthday party… child or adult!